Discord – Friends, Communities, & Gaming 24-alpha2
Discord is an all-in-one communication app for your communities, gaming, and friends. Chat and have fun in a custom server, where organized text channels and open voice channels make it easy to hop into a game together, plan your next meetup, or just keep in touch throughout the day.
A NEW WAY TO CHAT
• Organized channels give you plenty of room to share videos, coordinate meetups, or just talk about your day without clogging up a group chat.
• Open voice channels make hanging out easy. Grab a seat in a voice channel when you’re free, and friends can instantly jump in without having to call.
• Reliable, high quality communication wherever you go – seamlessly switch between Discord on mobile and desktop.
HAVE FUN WITH TEXT, VOICE, AND VIDEO
• Wave hello over video, easily watch friends stream their games, or gather up for a screen-sharing session any time.
• Turn any image into your own custom emojis, or express yourself with all the GIFs and reactions you need.
• Share anything from a funny video to your latest group photos, and pin your favorites to remember later.
FOR COMMUNITIES OF 5 OR 500,000
• Custom permissions can group up your friends, organize your guild, or bring together community fans around the world.
• Assign roles to members to give them moderation powers, or sort members into groups that you can message all at once with a single tag.
• Create VIP channels where admins, superfans, or any other special community members can chat in a place just for them.
Have questions or feedback? Email us at [email protected] .
** Features **
– **Voice Overlay** is now available on all Android devices. See who's talking and access shortcuts while using other apps—no need to switch back to Discord!
– Videos can now play **inline** in chat, and full screen video playback now includes player controls for playing, pausing, and seeking!
** Bug Fixes **
– We squashed a ton of **keyboard** bugs! You can even type in your chat app now!
– Reconnecting to a voice call should maintain **muted** state. Zip it real good.