[This is the Jamboard companion app, intended for G Suite customers that own a Jamboard device. To learn more about Jamboard, a digital collaborative whiteboard, visit google.com/jamboard.]
Jamboard is a creative collaboration experience that helps bring your team’s ideas to life. The app offers distinct features based on the device you’re using. For tablet users, there’s a suite of rich editing tools to dive right into the jam. For smartphone users, the app acts as a controller for your physical Jamboard
For Android tablet users
* Create and collaborate on jams from anywhere, including those created on other devices
* Share jams and work together with others in the same jam in real-time
* Bring your jams to life by inserting content like photos and files from G Suite
For Android phone users
* The mobile experience doesn’t allow for the creation of new jams, but is intended as a handy controller for the physical Jamboard
* Use the app to detect Jamboards close by, and add your content into a jam
* Watch your team’s creativity unfold and add to the jam with sticky notes and content from G Suite
Camera: This is used to takes photos to insert into jams.
Photos: This is used to access photos under the control of Photos Application to let the users pick images to insert into jams
We’ve completely rewritten the application for improved performance, reliability and usability.
* Improved home screen interface & videos.
* You can now star or make a copy of a Jam.
* Share Jams with a link.
* Improved usability and accessibility.
* We removed using NFC to open or save Jams with your phone.
* We removed inserting images with the web search tool.
* We removed Hangouts integration.
* We temporarily removed creating a Jam offline.